EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITES
1. AWARED NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE PERFORMANCE IN X STANDARD
2. CAPTAINED THE SCHOOL CRICKET TEAM AND WON MANY PRIZES IN ELOCUTION AND ESSAY COMPETITIONS
3. MEMBER OF NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME AND INTERACT CLUB IN SCHOOL
4. SERVED AS THE GROUP LEADER (PROGRAMMES) OF Enterprise’92, AN ALL INDIA MANAGEMENT MEET ORGANISED BY THE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
PROFESSIONAL WORK CREDENTIALS
1. Vested with overall administration of the college supervising Eight full- time faculty and Six non- teaching staffs at S.A. Raja Pharmacy college.
2. At Media mate Communications, conducted Marketing Research for the clients, was instrumental in bringing in new clients and won the best account executive award for the year 1992.
3. As Assistant Manager (Marketing- Medical Products)
· Developed marketing strategies for medical products
· Launched Saheli Oral Contraceptive Pills and CEREDRAIN hydrocephalus shunt on a national basis
· Conducted National seminars on these products
· Conducted training for the field force
· Coordinated with factory for the production schedules
4. As Assistant Manager (Marketing- Western India)
· Responsible for the marketing activities in the entire Western India covering Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarath and Madhya Pradesh (including Chattisgarh)
· Prepared sales forecasts for the region, attained the sales targets and developed the network of distributors
· The span of control had Four Territory Officers and Thirty two Sales Executives
· Conducted preliminary surveys for launching of Sutures and Catheters for the company
· Experienced in institutional sales and follow-up
· Understood the ethical and OTC markets all over India
5. As Lecturer in Management,
· Presently teaching Marketing management core and elective specialisation papers to the MBA students
· Prepared industry oriented marketing specialisation Papers and structured the syllabi
· Only Lecturer to be inducted into the Board of Studies in Management at both Alagappa and Pondicherry Universities.
· Awarded the International Diploma of Honour for outstanding achievements in Management education through distance learning by the American biographical institute, USA.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
I. INTERNATIONAL PUBLICATIONS:
1. “Broadcast Media and the middle class”, Third Concept, August 1997
2. “Trends in services Marketing”, Third Concept, January 1998
3. “Challenges facing Indian Pharmaceutical industry”, Third Concept, February 1999
4. “Marketing failures- lessons from Indian corporates”, Third Concept , April-May 1999
II. NATIONAL PUBLICATIONS:
5. “Developing global brand equity –Lessons for the Indian MNC’s”, Souvenir of the National conference on globalisation, Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Harihar, December 1996.
6. “Training and development in the Pharmaceutical industry”, Indian journal of Pharmaceutical Education, Dec’96-Feb’97.
7. “Planning and structuring sales”, Brand summit special edition, The Hindu-leading Indian national daily newspaper, 19 February 1997.
8. “ Employee turnover- Reasons and trends”, Indian journal of Management and Strategy, April-June 1997.
9. “Techno-management programme for the technically qualified”, Management Researcher, July- December 1997.
10. “Techno MBA’s – Prospective entrepreneurs”, entrepreneurial thrust in management education book, Alagappa university- Press (forthcoming)
11. “The management of Human errors”, HRD times, September 1998.
12. “The paradox of pricing services”, MSPI Management Review, March-April 1998.
13. “Recruitment advertising- Print as a powerful media”, Indian journal of Management and Strategy, January-March 1999.
14. “NBFC’s – Building castles in the thin air?” Management Researcher, January –March 1999.
15. “Technology impetus”, HRD times, April 1999.
16. “Event management- jostling for focus”, HRD times, January 2000.
17. “Does size matter in the Indian pharmaceutical industry?”, Express Pharma pulse, 15 June 2000.
18. ”Distinctive capabilities for success in the pharma market”, Pharma Business, 3 November 2000.
19. “Rural marketing to the fore in the pharmaceutical industry”, Pharma Business, 24 November 2000.
20. ” Indian rural entrepreneurship”, HRD times, December 2000.
21. ”Market segmentation- key to services”, Indian Management, December 2000.
22. A prognosis on the micro management programmes in the new millennium”, Indian Journal of Management and Strategy, April-June 2001.
23. “A Study on Personal Effectiveness of Managers with Respect to Motivation & Self Confidence”, Review of Social Sciences, July 2003.
24. “Advertising campaign planning in the Indian context”, Management Researcher, January- March 2001.
25. ” Pricing paradigms in the Indian context”, Indian Journal of Marketing, May-June 2001.
26. “Technology and Entreprenuership opportunities in the globalised scenario”, NIPM Silver Jubilee Souvenir , September 2002.
27. “A study on creativity as a critical success factoring organizational excellence”, Management Researcher, Vol. IX, issue 3&4, January –June 2003.
28. “Growth of Telecom Services in India”, Zoomer, Journal of Department of Management Studies, N.M. College, Marthandam, September 2003.
29. “Marketing post graduation – Here to stay?”, Management Researcher (Accepted)
30. “The need for post graduate pharma management programme”, Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (Accepted)
31. “Marketing characteristics conundrums by an Indian MNC”, Indian Management(Accepted)
32. “A prognosis on the use of information technology in marketing communication”, MSPI Management Review (Accepted)
33. “Global marketing and the Indian Pharmaceutical industry”, Southern Sociologist (Accepted).
34. “Decentralisation- the need of the hour”, Indian Management (accepted).
PAPER PRESENTATION IN SEMINARS
1. “The need to understand the marketing characteristics by an Indian MNC” International Management Research paper contest, IIFT, New Delhi and JIMS 8M, New Delhi, September 1997.
2. “Global challenges facing the Indian pharmaceutical industry”, International Conference on Business and Management, Nirma institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, January 1998.
3. “Social marketing – a case study of Hindustan Latex Limited, Trivandrum” . Seminar on Services Marketing, Department of Management Studies S.V. University, Thirupathi, Andhra Pradesh, December 1995.
4. “Developing global brand equity- lesson for the Indian MNC’s”, Conference on Globalisation, Kirloskar institute of Advanced Management Studies, Harihar, Karnataka, December 1996.
5. “Media explosion and its impact on the growing middle class in the Indian Context”, Seminar on recent trends in Sociology, Kerala sociological Society, Trivandrum, Kerala, December 1996.
6. “Techno MBA’s – Prospective Entrepreneurs” Conference on entrepreneurial thrust in Management Education, Alagappa University, Karaikudi,Tamilnadu, December 1996
7. ”Strategies in technical entreprenuership development to meet the LPG challenge” Conference on development of Technical Entrepreneurship, S.G.G.S. College of Engineering, Nanded, Maharashtra,June 1997
8. “Strategic thrust on the effective brand building in the global context” Conference on globalisation, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, Tamilnadu, March 1998.
9. ”Global marketing and the Indian Pharmaceutical industry”, National Seminar on management challenges and strategies for the new millennium, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, Kerala,July 1999
10. “Technology strategy for IT companies in the new millennium”, National Seminar on management challenges and strategies for the new millennium, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, Kerala,July 1999.
11. “Power shortage in India-Renewable energy to the fore”, National Seminar on infrastructure development and financing, Alagappa Institute of Management, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, April 2000.
12. “Problems and prospects of rural entrepreneurs”, National seminar on Institutional Support to Entrepreneurial Development, Department of Commerce, Nehru Memorial college, Trichy, September 2000.
13. “Imbroglios in Infrastructure in the Indian context”, National seminar on Development of infrastructure –Directions for the new millennium, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, September 2000.
14. “Pros and Cons of Private sector participate in infrastructure in India”, National seminar on Development of infrastructure –Directions for the new millennium, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, September 2000.
15. “Strategic options for the Indian advertising industry- post liberalisation”, National seminar on strategic options for Indian industry in the post liberalisation era, Alagappa University, Karaikudi, February, 2001.
16. “Problems and prospects of Indian software industry in the wake of globalisation”, National seminar on Globalisation in the Third millennium, Alagappa University, April 2001.
17. “Global options and strategies for the Indian software industry”, National seminar on Globalisation in the Third millennium, Alagappa University, April 2001.
18. “Impact of information technology in marketing communication”, National conference on impact of information technology in industry and education, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, November 2001.
19. “Interactive home shopping- a prospect in electronic market place”, National conference on impact of information technology in industry and education, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, November 2001.
20. “Choice based credit system- use of information technology for creating niche”, National conference on impact of information technology in industry and education, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, November 2001.
21. “Corporate governance in the Indian pharmaceutical industry”, National Seminar on Commerce Education in the New Millennium organised by Department of Management Studies, Kannur University on 20th and 21st December 2002.
22. “Management profession and communication skills in the Internet Era”, National Seminar on Commerce Education in the New Millennium organised by Department of Management Studies, Kannur University on 20th and 21st December 2002
23. “Modern marketing strategies”, Seminar on Management, as part of the Management Week organised by the British Library at Trivandrum, March 2003.
24. “The need for research in Marketing”, Workshop on Marketing Vs public Service for Transmission and Programme Executives of All India Radio, Prasar Bharathi Corporation, Trivandrum, March 2003.
25. “The rationale for the development of rural and agricultural sector in India”, Seminar on the potential sectors for investment in agriculture and rural development in Kerala, Institute of Cooperative Management, Trivandrum, August 2003.
26. “The impact of globalisation on Indian entrepreneurship”, Seminar on Gobalisation and Entrepreneurship, Erode Arts College (Autonomous), December 2003.
27. “Marketing intelligence”, Seminar on Business Intelligence, Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science for Women, Coimbatore, January 2004.
28. “The impact of globalisation on Indian manufacturing sector”, Seminar on Globalisation – a decadal experience, Institute of Technology, Mayyil, January 2004.
29. “Globalisation and its relevance to Indian pharmaceutical industry in the post WTO era”, Seminar on Globalisation – a decadal experience, Institute of Technology, Mayyil, January 2004.
30. “Empirical research for legal profession”, Workshop on Legal Challenges, Kerala Law Academy, Trivandrum, January 2004.
31. “Fallacies and Inadequacies in the industry institution interaction in Indian context- a practical orientation”, Seminar on industry institution interaction, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, February 2004.
32. “Problems and prospects of Marketing research in the current context”, Workshop on Statistical computations using softwares, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, February 2004.
List of Ph.D. Scholars Registered (University of Kerala):
1. P.Krishnakumar - A study on Marketing of Malayalam Films
2. Shareefudden - Effectiveness of Social marketing
(Ac.E.I.b.2.15269/2003 programme of Govt. of Kerala – in the state
dated 19.7.2003) of Kerala
3. Thomson Rajan Kolath - A study on Brand building with respect to
brands from Kerala
4. K. Madanan - A study on the impact of state investment subsidy for the growth and stabilization of small scale industrial units in Kerala
5. Biju Pushpan - A study on brand management of ayurvedic branded pharmaceutical products in Kerala
6. Eby Elias - A study on the professional management of Water resources in Kerala
7. Vinu Kumar - A study on the relationship management practices in Tourism sector of Kerala
(Ac.E.I.b.2.15269/2003 Madanan) /Ac.E.I.B.2-34402/2003 dated 3-1-2004 (5,6,7)
List of Ph.D. Scholars Registered (Sathyabama Deemed University):
8. Kumar Gandhi : A study on the self help programme in Tamilnadu
List of Ph.D. Scholars Registered (Gandhigram Rural University):
9. K.Reghukumar : A study on the management of Dairy farms in
List of M.Phils Produced in Management Studies:
1. Mr. Dilip – Designing a website for the development of
Ecotourism in Kerala
2. Mrs. Swarna Kumari – Teleworking and its influence on the
Teleworkers and employers
1. Study on the Market Potential for setting up an Engineering Fabricating unit in Alappuzha Dist.(KSIDC)
ANNEXURE III – MANAGEMENT STUDY MATERIALS PUBLISHED
D.S.M Diploma in Sales Management
B.M.M Bachelor of Marketing Management
M.M.M Master of Marketing Management
M.B.A Master of Business Administration
P.G.D.Ph.M Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Marketing
PAPERS STRUCTURED AND TEACHING- MBA LEVEL
1. Marketing management
2. Sales and Distribution Management
3. Sales Management
4. Product Management
5. Promotional Management
6. Advertising Management
7. Industrial Marketing
8. Rural Marketing
9. International Marketing
10. Consumer Behaviour
11. Services Marketing
12. Strategic Marketing Management
13. Systems marketing project
14. Retail Marketing
OTHER SUBJECTS – TEACHING AT MBA/MMM/MFT LEVEL
1. Strategic Management
2. Total quality Management
3. Organisational Behaviour
4. HumanResources Management
5. International Business and Environment
6. Managerial Effectiveness
7. Advanced Behavioural Sciences
8. International trade
9. International logistics management
10. Marketing Research
COURSES LAUNCHED THROUGH DISTANCE EDUCATION MODE
1. Framed the rules and regulations, syllabi of I and II year Master of Marketing Management programme of the Alagappa University, Karaikudi.
2. Framed the rules and regulations, syllabi of I and II year Diploma in Sales Management programme of the Alagappa University, Karaikudi.
3. Coordinated the conduct of the personal contact programmes of these programmes at various centres across the country.
4. Framed the rules and regulations, syllabi of the Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Marketing programme of the Pondicherry Central University, Pondicherry.
5. Conducted classes for the programme across the country.
6. Framed the rules and regulations, syllabi of the Bachelors Degree in Marketing Management of the Pondicherry Central University, Pondicherry.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE MANAGEMENT EDUCATION AS AN ADMINISTRATOR:
1. Chaired a session on Information Technology, National Seminar on Commerce Education in the New Millennium organised by Department of Management Studies, Kannur University on 20th and 21st December 2002.
2. Revised the regulations, scheme and syllabi for MBA and BBA degree programmes of the University of Kerala during 2003.
3. IMK was rated as the best business school apart from IIM-K in Kerala as per AIMA- Business Standard survey, January 2003. IMK was listed in the A-Category business schools and is in the top 30 business school out of 800 business schools in India as per their rating.
4. Start up work in establishing two extension centers of IMK – IMK Alappuzha and at Institute of Cooperative Management, Poojapura from 2003 admission onwards. Responsible for the academic activities of the Poojapura centre.
5. Start up work in establishing MBA (Evening) programme at Institute of Management in Kerala, Trivandrum from 2003 admission onwards.
6. Member, jury committee of various events at the National Management meet organised by Department of Management Studies, NMC College, Marthandam on 19th and 20th September 2003.
LIST OF WORKSHOP/ MDP’S/SEMINARS CONDUCTED
1. “Emerging role of marketing in the Indian economy”, one day training programme for the students of MBA, Department of Management Studies, Kongu Engineering College, Erode on 11th September 2001.
2. “Promotion Strategies”, Two day training programme for Thermofab Engineers, Chennai on 22 and 23 September 2001.
3. “Market segmentation” Two day training programme for E-funds, Chennai on 13 and 14 October 2001.
4. “Negotiation skills and sales strategies”, Two day training programme for Shri Bhagyam Auto Die Castings, Coimbatore on 15 and 16 December 2001.
5. “Marketing Orientation”, Two day training programme for Nirmal Webtec, Trichy on 5 and 6 January 2002.
6. “Trends in Services Marketing”, one day workshop for the students of School of Management, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, 16-08-2002.
7. “Leadership strategies in competitive markets”, one day seminar at Department of Management Studies, Noorul Islam College of Engineering, Thuckalay, 12-02-2003.
8. “Globalisation and Work culture”, one day workshop organised by Travancore Foundation, Trivandrum on 16-05-2003.
9. “BBA Course restructuring”, two day workshop organised by U.I.T, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, 19th &20th May 2003.
10. “Interpersonal Relations”, one day Management Development Programme for the Institute of Cooperative Management, Trivandrum on 07-06-2003.
11. “Management Career for the Information Technologists”, one day Workshop for Mount Xion Engineering College, Kadamanitta, 15-07-2003.
12. “Prognostic Marketing Strategies”, Presentation conducted at the Refresher Course in Commerce and Management Studies, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam on 21-08-2003 and University of Kerala on 31-08-2003.
13. “Management Challenges in the twenty-first century”, one day workshop conducted for the students of University Institute of Technology, Neyyattinkara on 29-08-2003.
14. “Marketing management, survey techniques, costing and pricing”, two days training programme for SC/ST entrepreneurs for KITCO at Trivandrum on 3rd and 4th September 2003.
15. “Nuances of Marketing competence in the current context”, Presentation conducted at the Jansons School of Business, Coimbatore on 17-02-2004.
16. “Marketing strategies for the growing economy”, Presentation conducted at the School of Management, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore on 18-02-2004.
LIST OF WORKSHOPS/MDP’S/ SEMINARS ATTENDED
1. Public Speaking and Sales Management workshops at Hindustan Latex Limited, Trivandrum 1993.
2. Understanding global aspects of marketing Management Development Programme at Anna Institute of Management, Chennai, 1996.
3. Case workshop for management faculty at Alagappa Institute of Management, Karaikudi,1997.
4. Seminar on emerging trends in Hospital management at the Indian Hospital Association Premises, Salem, 2000.
5. Refresher courses in Management studies sponsored by U.G.C. at Alagappa University and University of Kerala during 1999 and 2001 respectively.
6. National seminar on Administrative reforms organised by the Ministry of labour in Trivandrum, March 2001.
7. National seminar on Emerging trends in Commerce Education, University of Kerala, Trivandrum on 2nd November 2002.
8. Workshop on Reviewing and Restructuring BBA Curriculum of University of Kerala on 19th and 20th May 2003 as Expert Board Member.
9. Two day policy workshop on organic sustainability of Kerala – a global model on 23rd and 24th August 2003 at Poabs Organic Estates Nellyampathy, Palakkad.
10. “Using Market Feedback to Develop the Most Effective Marketing Messages." Webcasting conducted by Insight Express in collaboration with Marketingprofs.com on 18th September 2003.
11. National Seminar Emerging trends in Commerce conducted by Department of Commerce, University of Kerala, Trivandrum on 26th September 2003.
12. Workshop on relevance of retailing in India, MSN Institute of Management and Technology, Chavara on 27th September 2003.
13. “Return on Marketing Investment in B2B Organizations: How to Establish Accountability and Measure Results”, Online international Seminar organised by Marketing profs.com on 29th October 2003.
LIST OF SEMINARS/ WORKSHOPS ORGANISED
1. Seminar on Project Management in association with CAD centre, Trivandrum, IMK, Trivandrum on 11th August 2003.
2. Seminar on the emerging role of agriculture in the Indian economy and its fallout on entrepreneurship, Institute of Cooperative Management- IMK extension centre, Poojapura on 28th July 2003.
3. One day workshop on “Personality Development” at IMK extension Centre, Alappuzha on 16th June 2003.
4. Two day inter school meet to nurture the managerial potential of school children at IMK extension centre, Poojapura on 28th and 29th September 2003.
5. Talk by Mr.M.Ayyappan, Managing Director on the challenges in marketing, IMK palayam campus on 29th Septmber 2003.
6. Organised a National seminar on “Channels in IT and beyond”, Vyollopalli Samskrithi Bhavan, Trivandrum for IMK 18th December 2003.
LIST OF REFERENCES
1. Dr.M.K.RAMACHANDRAN NAIR
Professor and Head
Institute of Management in Kerala
University of Kerala
Professor and Head
School of Management
Centre for Management Development
© Copyright 2004 ,, Designed and Maintained by C-DIT, www.cdit.org